The International Conference on Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP) has served as a premier forum for the exchange of fundamental and applied research in the field of visual communications and image processing. VCIP provides a fertile ground for leading engineers and scientists from around the world to disseminate their research outcomes and push forward the frontiers of knowledge within these and related areas. VCIP 2019 will be held in Sydney, Australia, December 1-4, 2019.
VCIP 2019 seeks proposals for half-day or full-day tutorials which will be held on December 1, 2019. Each submission must include the following information:
- Presenters: Names, affiliation, contact information (email and mailing address), and short bio for each presenter.
- Description: A description of the tutorial topic, providing a sense of both the scope and depth of the tutorial, along with a tutorial outline.
- Relevance: Address the importance and timeliness of the proposal, and its relevance to researchers and engineers.
- Previous editions: If the tutorial was given before, describe when and where it was given, and if and how it will be modified for VCIP 2019. If possible, provide a link to slides of the previous tutorial presentation.
- Presentation material: If a draft of the tutorial material (to be distributed to tutorial participants) is available that can aid in assessing the proposal and also enable the committee to provide more constructive suggestions for the content.
- URL: Organizers are required to maintain a website with information about their workshop or tutorial. The link to this website should be listed here. If possible, this link should be active at the time of submission (in this case, the website should indicate that it describes "proposed tutorial"). However, organizers may, if they choose, wait until after their proposal is accepted before creating the website.
- Content: Describe your event in detail. Include a tentative schedule and a list of invited speakers (if any), indicating topics and if their participation is confirmed or still pending: briefly describe why contributed presentations reflect the state of the art. These are the main information which will be used to review the submission and its scientific quality.
- Plan to solicit participation: Describe how you will advertise and encourage participation in your event, particularly from researchers traditionally outside of the robotics community (if applicable). Estimate the number of participants that you expect, and provide a basis for this estimate, such as attendance at similar events in past years. If you have organized similar events in the past, list them and provide the estimated attendance at each.
- Equipment: A computer projector and screen will be provided. List all other required equipment, such as poster stands (how many), an easel and writing pad, etc.
Proposals will be peer-reviewed using the following criteria:
- Timeliness of the proposal: Importance of the topic in VCIP and relevance to VCIP.
- Quality of the proposal: State-of-the art coverage of the topic, coherence, and experience of the speakers.
- Spectrum of the proposal: Topic is of broad interest to academia and/or industry, researchers and/or engineers.
- Accessibility of presentation material: Presentation can be understood by the broad VCIP audience including graduate students, practicing engineers, researchers and professors.
Proposals for tutorials must be submitted (in a single PDF file) via email to Tutorial Chairs Weidong Cai (firstname.lastname@example.org), Paulo Borges (Paulo.Borges@data61.csiro.au), and Houqiang Li (email@example.com) by March 31, 2019, with the subject heading VCIP 2019 Tutorial Proposal. Final notification of acceptance / rejection will be sent by April 14, 2019.